Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Lamborghini Miura - Full Of Win

OK, let me be clear: I'm not overly crazy about exotic sports cars.  I've always been more for the underdog- Datsun over Alfa Romeo and so on.  But the Miura... well, just look at it!

If you want the back story of Ferruccio Lamborghini and how he came to make sports cars, look it up on Wikipedia- it's a great read, and I won't clutter this blog post with copypasta.  Which leaves me more room for another picture of this beautiful car:

The lines, the stance, the fitment of the wheels... everything just looks in perfect proportion.  Of course you can see the inspiration it provided for several other vehicles- Ferraris, Maseratis, and many others took design cues from the Miura.  OK, another photo.


There weren't many built, and due to their power and typically exotic-car handling, very few remain today.  So, I probably won't end up owning one.  But it's definitely on my short list of dream cars, so if my Lottery Investment Strategy pays off you'll definitely see me rolling!  Check it out in yellow:


Tough choice between the two- I may have to get more disciplined with those Lottery investments to I can afford to have a couple different colors!
If you have a few more minutes to spare, take a spin with Richard Hammond of BBC's Top Gear in a green Miura- enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment